Manolis shares his delicious version of aglio olio e peperoncino. So good!
I am obsessed with pasta and I always try new combinations as I really enjoy improvising. The last 2 years, I have been a great fan of the most traditional Italian pasta recipe ‘aglio olio e peperoncino’ and based on that recipe, I always try to add ingredients to make something new. One of my best is aglio olio e peperoncino with zucchini and feta cheese. The recipe below is for 2 people:
- Boil some water in a pot and add a tablespoon of salt.
- Add the linguine (enough for 2) into the pot.
- Cut 2 slices of garlic into thin pieces and one slice of dry or fresh chilli.
- Cut one big (or 2 smaller) zucchini into shreds.
- Add oil in a pan and fry the garlic with the chili until the garlic gets a bit of golden colour.
- Add the zucchini in the pan and stir. After 3 minutes add a bit of white wine (Sauvignon Blanc) and then 2-3 big tablespoons of water from the pasta.
- When the pasta is half ready, add it in the pan to be cooked with the sauce.
- Add 100 grams of smashed feta cheese to the mix and cook for other 2-3 minutes and stir all together.
- Serve and add the rest 100 grams of smashed feta cheese on top of the plates.